Be A Volunteer for A Great Cause
Volunteering at The Poverello Center is an exciting hands-on opportunity for who wants to make their contribution for continuously provided nutritious food and Live Well opportunities for people living with chronic/critical illnesses. This venture offers individuals, students, visiting groups, family groups, youth groups etc. the opportunity to contribute in a meaningful way to provide nutritious food, services and basic living essentials with the highest degree of understanding, respect and love for individuals living with critical and chronic Illnesses including HIV, in South Florida. Bilingual is helpful but not required.
Food Pantry Packers
SUMMARY: Before donning gloves, aprons and caps you need to be aware that these bags have a base filled with love and other commodities, which later will be destined for needy individuals throughout Broward county. All the recipient has been identified by government agencies as income qualified.
Exceptionally hardworking and reliable Food Pantry Volunteer with an excellent work ethic and strong customer and community service record. Adept multitasker able to handle a variety of food pantry tasks with efficiency and professionalism.
The packer is responsible for fills bags according to menus; monitoring and delivering ready orders to our clients in the Food Pantry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Receives menus from Writers/Customer Services Representatives.
- Reviews, monitors and packs orders.
- Make sure foods are being handled properly and distributed in a safe manner.
- Maintain strict confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA regulations and TPC policy.
- Fill and carry customer food bags after selection on a regular basis.
- Kept donation area neat and clean on a regular basis.
- Sorted organized and shelved food donations.
- Conduct cordial and professional interactions with supervisors, volunteers, co-workers and clients.
- Rotate food items regularly to guarantee food freshness.
- Assist other volunteers and clients as necessary.
- Sort and organized all food according to relative nutritional value.
- Monitor expiration dates for food donations on a regular basis.
- Working closely with other departments as necessary to maintain client update.
- Ability to work quickly and effectively while maintaining a calm atmosphere.
- Must be willing to be of assistance to those in need.